Question / Help Cant get 2 or more cameras working on USB hub

dfwine

Hello, I have successfully configured 3 different make and model USB cameras (C930e, C920, and off brand W2P) on 3 separate available USB ports on my Windows 7 laptop.
HOWEVER, the laptop only has 3 separate usb ports and I need to get to 5 cameras. I procured an external Scnadisk powered 10 port hub. I used "usbview.exe" to confirm that ports 1-2 are its own logical hub, ports 3-6 being another logical hub, and 7-10 being another. I have the 3 cameras plugged into the USB ports 1, 3, and 7 to divide the bandwidth between the logical hubs, but OBS only recognizes ONE camera at a time. If I "activate" only 1 camera it works - no matter what camera or port on the hub I use. But I cannot successfully "activate" a second camera. I can get each to work independently, but only when all others are deactivated in OBS.
I have deleted and re-added the video capture devices, and when the camera is attached to the hub, I see the respective device in the available drop down. I chose it, and then toggle deactivate/activate, but the camera image does not appear. Only when I “deactivate” all other cameras, will the image appear.
I also got the same results when testing on a Belkin 7 port powered hub. I also tried plugging each external powered hub into different usb ports on my laptop with no success.
I appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve.

fdipiazza

I have the same issue. Two Cameras, I can get Camera1 to work, then Camera2 won't. I can get exit the OBS software, then make Camera2 work, then Camera1 won't. I only want one at a time, and switch between the two. This should work.

Using windows 10 software, I can access each camera, separately, just fine. What must I do to get OBS to allow Camera1 to work, and then switch to Camera2, then Back to Camera1?

fdipiazza

I solved the problem. I clicked on deactivate when Scene closed. Now I can change scenes, where the Cameras are in different scenes. Just a newbie, so it's just a discovery process.