Question / Help can't capture microsoft onenote application by windows capture

nsht29

Hello all,

I am trying to capture the Microsoft onenote application (office 365) via windows capture but unsuccessful, it gets blank screen. I use windows 10 and 64 bit obs.

anyway it can be resolved.

Thank you.

koala

Unfortunately, it's not possible to capture the Windows 10 Onenote app except with display capture.

ananta

Hello,
I found out a method using Window capture. simply change the Capture method as shown in screenshot below. @nsht29 @agl.vikas @koala

obsthingy.png

koala

No special solution so far. Sometimes, you get the Onenote image, sometimes not. Just yesterday I wasn't absolutely able to get Onenote, and just now It worked immediately and across multiple OBS and Onenote restarts.

As far as I see it, you can work it out like this:
  1. start OBS Studio and Onenote and configure your Onenote source like you did in the above screenshot. You probably get no Onenote capture. You need to do this only once.
  2. stop Onenote and wait until it is completely gone (also no entry any more in Windows Task Manager)
  3. stop OBS and wait until it is completely gone
  4. start OBS and wait until it is completely started up
  5. start Onenote
Should be visible now. But only as long as you don't restart OBS or Onenote. If Onenote isn't visible in OBS, repeat steps 2 to 5 from above.

LPH

No special solution so far. Sometimes, you get the Onenote image, sometimes not. Just yesterday I wasn't absolutely able to get Onenote, and just now It worked immediately and across multiple OBS and Onenote restarts.

1. start OBS Studio and Onenote and configure your Onenote source like you did in the above screenshot. You probably get no Onenote capture. You need to do this only once.
  2. stop Onenote and wait until it is completely gone (also no entry any more in Windows Task Manager)
  5. start Onenote
Should be visible now. But only as long as you don't restart OBS or Onenote. If Onenote isn't visible in OBS, repeat steps 2 to 5 from above.

I can confirm that this sequence is the only way to get OneNote for Windows 10 to show. OneNote 2016 works without these steps, but this sequence you've outlined is the only way I can get OneNote for Windows 10 to show properly.

SparksMaths

Here to report that the steps suggested by @koala are not working for me, despite repeated attempts. Any other workarounds (other than display capture) greatly appreciated.

Pinkman

I found the solution for this.
Done in 30 seconds

Pinkman

Here to report that the steps suggested by @koala are not working for me, despite repeated attempts. Any other workarounds (other than display capture) greatly appreciated.

I found the solution

koala

He's just starting a 2nd copy of Onenote, that's like starting it new. Works one out of 10 tries if you're lucky, just as with every other "solution".
It's this: if you don't have a capture, close Onenote and restart it. Repeat until you get a capture.

nnnn123456789

5. start Onenote

Yes, it works.
I have been tried for many times. I did it once but I forgot what I had done.. so I could not able to do it a second time until your solution.
Thank your very much for your information/

But, why? why it works?

Panqoa

This worked for me :
Just open OneNote after opening OBS Studio , i.e., always open OBS Studio first