Question / Help Canon 60D DSLR as Webcam: Delay in Window Capture! Help!

Narcogen

I assume that "I've got the camera on live mode, preview screen open so I can see" means you're using some software that comes with the camera. If Syphon doesn't turn that into a source, then it's not compatible. Only apps that use OpenGL for rendering are compatible, and even then, not all of them are.

With the camera plugged into the BlackMagic and their own software running, cycle through all the available resolution and refresh rate options-- do any of them work at all? It's possible that whatever mode it is using just isn't supported. For instance, on an Intensity Shuttle, 1080p/60 is NOT supported. (1080i/60 is).

DanK

Have you tried using v002 Camera Live to capture the video?

https://github.com/v002/v002-Camera-Live

It works very well for me. I have tested with Canon EOS 6D and Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D)

You'll probably still need EOS Utility. Here's how I do it:

1. Install EOS Utility (2 or 3, depending on your camera model) and v002 Camera Live.
2. Connect the camera and turn it on.
3. Open EOS Utility to "activate" the camera. As long as it shows up the "live capture and camera settings" option, you should be set. You don't need to actually go into the live view window.
4. Quit the EOS utility.
5. Open v002 Camera Live. You should see the camera in the list, click on it to make it active. If you get an error, try clicking away from it (blank space on the list) and then click it again.
6. In OBS, add a Syphon source. In the source settings, you should be able to select, e.g. "Camera Live EOS 60D".
7. Good to go!

Kearstin

Have you tried using v002 Camera Live to capture the video?

https://github.com/v002/v002-Camera-Live

It works very well for me. I have tested with Canon EOS 6D and Canon Rebel T3i (EOS 600D)

You'll probably still need EOS Utility. Here's how I do it:

1. Install EOS Utility (2 or 3, depending on your camera model) and v002 Camera Live.
2. Connect the camera and turn it on.
3. Open EOS Utility to "activate" the camera. As long as it shows up the "live capture and camera settings" option, you should be set. You don't need to actually go into the live view window.
4. Quit the EOS utility.
5. Open v002 Camera Live. You should see the camera in the list, click on it to make it active. If you get an error, try clicking away from it (blank space on the list) and then click it again.
6. In OBS, add a Syphon source. In the source settings, you should be able to select, e.g. "Camera Live EOS 60D".
7. Good to go!
Is this for Mac?

Kearstin

Yes. Syphon only exists on the Mac; this is an app that provides a Syphon feed for a connected camera.
I think I'm missing something. I downloaded from the link you provided, half of these files are .exe and this is what I see?

b5immq.png