Bug Report Cannot preview scene using Dxtory

aelius

Code:
Open Broadcaster Software v0.421a - 32bit (´・ω・`)
-------------------------------
CPU Name: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
CPU Speed: 3411MHz
Physical Memory:  4095MB Total, 4095MB Free
stepping id: 3, model 4, family 15, type 0, extmodel 8, extfamily 0
------------------------------------------
Adapter 1
  Video Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
  Video Adapeter Dedicated Video Memory: 2129379328
  Video Adapeter Shared System Memory: 4025577472
=====Stream Start=====================================================================
  Base resolution: 1680x1050
  Output resolution: 1680x1050
Loading up D3D10...
Warning -- Compilation of vertex shader 'shaders/DrawTexture.vShader' failed, result = 80004005
Warning -- Compilation of pixel shader 'shaders/DrawTexture.pShader' failed, result = 80004005
Warning -- Compilation of vertex shader 'shaders/DrawSolid.vShader' failed, result = 80004005
Warning -- Compilation of pixel shader 'shaders/DrawSolid.pShader' failed, result = 80004005
Warning -- Compilation of pixel shader 'shaders/DrawYUVTexture.pShader' failed, result = 80004005
Using auxilary audio input: "What U Hear" (Creative SB X-Fi)
Audio Encoding: AAC
    bitrate: 128
Video Encoding: x264
    fps: 60
    width: 1680, height: 1050
    quality: 10
    preset: veryfast
    i444: no
    max bitrate: 5000
    buffer size: 5000

Exception Fault - Stack Trace:
    OBS::MainCaptureLoop

Just curious as to what I am doing wrong when trying to use Dxtory. I added a scene and the option for adding Dxtory Scene 1 was an option and added it. As soon as I click preview it gives me the error to see the log and closes out of the program.

Thanks

EDIT: The preview area is gray. Not sure what it is defaulted to but thought I would share. Also, when I try to capture TF2 while using DXtory, OBS gives me the same error log message and closes out.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I don't know if this is caused by DXTory - failing to compile those shaders means you won't be able to stream at all. Going to have to make those crash errors in the next version.

But anyway, I'm actually implementing game capture of my own that should be much better than having to use DXTory. Going to be labelled "experimental" at first, but hopefully I can get people off of DXtory entirely at some point in time.

aelius

This happens regardless what program I use whether it's DxTory, your provided screen capture, or even image. I get the same message that pops up. Does this mean I can't even use the program?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
are you on windows 8 by any chance? the shaders aren't compiling, and I've heard reports of this same thing occuring for some people when using windows 8. no clue why the shaders aren't compiling, if there were a specific error in the shader files it would report the errors in the log file, but instead it's just a vague E_FAIL (0x80004005) without any explanation. this can sometimes be caused by out of date drivers, sometimes it can be caused by windows 8.. I'm not entirely sure what the reason is this is occuring for you unfortunately at the moment.

aelius

No I'm not using Win 8. I am currently using Win 7 but I'll update my drivers again and see if I get improved results. I'll keep an eye on this project for updated versions, still interested in using it. Thanks