Question / Help Cannot open OBS at all

When trying to open any version of OBS for mac, the message "OBS cannot be opened because of a problem.
Check with the developer to make sure OBS works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS."

StreamLabs OBS will not even download.
Anyone else have this problem/how to fix it?

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
What version of macOS are you on? If you're on 10.12, you will need to downgrade to 24.0.6, as newer versions of OBS Studio won't work with your computer.

Jay Leonhart

What version of macOS are you on? If you're on 10.12, you will need to downgrade to 24.0.6, as newer versions of OBS Studio won't work with your computer.

OBS won't open, but when I try to trash it, it says it's open, but with no OBS window. Log out, Trash, reinstall, same thing all over.

Gorila_Oriental

Hi Guys, I had to trash OBS because it was acting very strange and with a lot of glitches and when ReInstalling it I get a huge code glitch pop up, there is absolutely no way for me to install it, how can I fix this? I´m Running MacOS Cat 10.15.6 and i´m trying to install OBS 25

simchooi

It may caused by some plugin and profile bug.
You may try to delete the:
/Library/Application Support/obs-studio

This action will result it as fresh install.All existing working profile and plugin will be removed.

nightwrk

Hi All, same problem here - On Mac OS 10.11.6- hoping for fix. Have cleared the library , refreshed install of OBS several times. It was working fine on the Mac until I tried adding a DVI plugin - NDI Runtime 4.5.1 and OBS ndi4.9.0.

I've cleared the library of the NDI stuff, uninstalled and reinstalled but I still get the same message as above
"OBS cannot be opened because of a problem.
Check with the developer to make sure OBS works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS."

I've also updated all current with El Capitan, it was working very smoothly up til now and I cant even get it open, desperately needing it to work by tomorrow EEP!

Thanks all

Lightcathing

It may caused by some plugin and profile bug.
You may try to delete the:
/Library/Application Support/obs-studio

This action will result it as fresh install.All existing working profile and plugin will be removed.

My OBS is not working and when I checked this location, it is not even there when OBS is in my apps. I installed and uninstalled it several times but it is never working.

Gorila_Oriental

Hey, try the following, I had the same problem due to a bug related to NDI Tools PKG not properly installed "runtime" issues. So Unisntall NDI and trash OBS, then reinstall OBS and then the Runtime for NDI Tools and then the pkg, and afterwrs any other plug in that you like. It worked for me.

legalkash

Screenshot 2024-04-07 2.05.28 PM.png

can anyone tell me u it says this