Question / Help Can you use scrolling text with the latest version of OBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3commish

Hi, I am new to OBS and truly love it. I downloaded the latest version of it 2 days ago and noticed that we can now use text on Mac. Is it possible to use scrolling text and if so, how?

Thank you so much and keep up the good work! :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
It's not in yet, since there have been several more important features that have taken priority. I guess you can make a gif of the animated text and have it loop or something...

nuclearaven

hey, not tryna sound flamey, but is there a known date where the text scroll feature will be available, or even a ballpark date? It is extremely important for streamers who play osu! and similar games, as often a song title is implemented in the overlay somewhere. Without having a scroll speed + specified borders (like you can have in the normal -not multiplatform- ver) the actual text will just be displayed, rather then in a premade border - also long titles will have a big effect even with set borders, as without scrolling the entire title will not be displayed. Sorry if this isnt clear.

brianfarts

it's already in nuclearaven

just add your text source, right click it and go to filters. there you can add a scrolling filter

thejj_

I would love to see it soon. I am streaming things that have actively changing lengths of text and this would be a perfect solution

Attachments

• ss+(2016-06-10+at+08.22.18).jpg
    ss+(2016-06-10+at+08.22.18).jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 433
Status
Not open for further replies.