Can you please add a fail safe to "End Broadcast"?

John Zapf

I'm just hoping you can add a fail safe to end broadcast I was trying to stop my stream the other day and clicked end broadcast. That stream had been going for over a year had 2.5 million views and 18,000 thumbs up and I lost all of it. Can you please put a fail safe on there that says "Hey Are you sure you want to do this!" this is a very important thing there needs to be two steps on the it shouldn't just end my stream because I click on it that was some serious damage I lost hundreds of dollars right then and hundreds of dollars for the next months moving forward...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-30 150325.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-30 150325.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 12

roleli

Reasonable request... You can hide the dock though if you don't want anyone clicking on it accidentally

Suslik V

main menu File > Settings > General > Output (groupbox) > Show confirmation dialog when stopping streams

Option was in OBS since v0.13.0: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/commit/bbbdd4442ce010cf47c8126c5e310065f7e3e623

For YouTube integration (into OBS), when confirmation set, on each "End Broadcast" click, the next message should be shown (v30.1.2):
You will not be able to reconnect.
Your stream will stop and you will no longer be live.
Details: