Can you hookup 3 wireless phones for streaming?

GrampaBob

Hi I'm just trying to understand what OBS is about. If I install this on my laptop, can 5 people in the same room hookup their phones wireless to the laptop running OBS and stream live video and audio to facebook? Not all videos feeds at once but cycle thru scenes like if a band was playing?

Thnx.

Lawrence_SoCal

If you understand exactly how WIFI works, you can setup either multiple access points, and or newer WiFi 6 AP, avoiding overlapping channels, etc. It is doable, but not with simple consumer gear with auto settings and not understanding things like WiFi channels... so ymmv in terms of getting it to work.
WiFi is a very poor choice of transmission mechanism when you want low jitter, but if you don't have a choice.
If all the people in same room, and PC with multiple USB Root Hubs, I'd go for USB webcams instead

Hi I'm just trying to understand what OBS is about. If I install this on my laptop, can 5 people in the same room hookup their phones wireless to the laptop running OBS and stream live video and audio to facebook? Not all videos feeds at once but cycle thru scenes like if a band was playing?

Thnx.

With Wifi6 and a STRONG($250++) router for your devices and your OBS system on wired ethernet it should be possible. Personally, I see less of a lag over NDI than a locally captured image over HDMI although YMMV... OBS.Ninja is another FREE option

FUMC Osage

Thnx.
I don't know if this answers your question, but this is my setup. I am using 3 cell phones and 1 tablet, all with DroidCam Pro installed. I am recording our local Church services on Sunday mornings. I can switch between all 4 feeds individually. I am also using PowerPoint with a green background and a chromakey filter plus photo for a "bug" down in the lower right. Works pretty good. I have a small issue with cameras freezing randomly but I have found deactivate affected camera and reactivate will fix it. Audio is always a solid feed. It does take a while to get everything working but it works pretty well.

deFrisselle

I don't know if this answers your question, but this is my setup. I am using 3 cell phones and 1 tablet, all with DroidCam Pro installed. I am recording our local Church services on Sunday mornings. I can switch between all 4 feeds individually. I am also using PowerPoint with a green background and a chromakey filter plus photo for a "bug" down in the lower right. Works pretty good. I have a small issue with cameras freezing randomly but I have found deactivate affected camera and reactivate will fix it. Audio is always a solid feed. It does take a while to get everything working but it works pretty well.
Try Droidcam OBS It's so much better than the original Droidcam (Pro) that I was using Latency is also much better Better than my C920 USB webcams It's Droidcam redesigned and coded specifically for OBS streaming

FUMC Osage

I'm sorry I thought I typed DroidCam OBS, my bad. DroidCam OBS is what I am using, I moved my router extender today to see if a stronger WiFi signal will help I also switched to the MJPEG format after reading and looking for "fixes". I will be trying it again this weekend. I am very happy with OBS Studio, I still haven't mastered streaming, but also not sure if my "old" 8 core AMD can handle both. My son calls it a bulldozer. Right now I am happy with recording the service and being able to upload it to youtube and have it for viewing within 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour after the service. Before when I would record the service with my camcorders (typically 3). I would take home edit and add titles and such it wouldn't be ready till 5 - 6 hrs later.

FUMC Osage

Okay guys and gals. I tried something "new" this weekend. I downloaded 2 apps No Lock and No Screen Off. The phone worked flawlessly for the whole service, they did not lockup once. The only issue I had was not OBS or phone/camera related. I forgot to turn the audio up for the first 8 minutes of the service. Opps.

FUMC Osage

Okay, I finally nailed it today. Just so everyone knows I am now running 6 cameras through OBS Studio. I have 4 cellphone using DroidCam OBS and 2 usb webcams. I have installed and use these 4 apps to my cell phones prior to recording. CCLEANER. NO LOCK, NO SCREEN OFF and DROIDCAM OBS. The phones have not once locked up during a service (last 4 services) and performed great. I also use PowerPoint with a greenscreen background to overlay my text and graphics. I have a "bug" with a logo I also overlay. Today was a very successful service I have had a few issues with my sound but I think I almost have it. I just wanted to put it out there that this software is very versatile. I also use a software package called VideoPsalm to display my PowerPoint because of PowerPoints viewer issues. Thank you for the software.