Can you determine if you recording is recording audio?

Shelleen

OBS stopped recoding the audio in video clips. It was working fine until just a couple of days ago. I have made no changes to OBS or Windows. I have recorded about 5 video clips thinking I was also getting the audio but when I played them, there was no audio. Is there a way of seeing if your recording is actually capturing the audio with the video on the OBS program? In OBS, the correct Source is selected and the correct Audio Mixer is selected and is showing that the audio is coming in (the volume bar moves up and down with the loudness of the inputed audio). I can also hear the inputed audio on my headphones. It is also displaying the video clip being recorded. Since audio volume bar is active and moving, doesn't that mean the audio is being inputted to the recording?

I got it working again by creating a new Source and a new Audio Mixer but wasted time recording 5 clips with no audio. It would be very helpful if there was a way of checking if the audio is being recorded while you are recording instead of finding out later that there is no audio when you play the video clip. Thank you for the help.