Bug Report Camera out of sync.

bellenoir

Hey - I noticed this happening during broadcast: Over time, video of the webcam is more and more "sooner" that the audio. The longer the boradcast goes on, the bigger the time shift. So after like a 1 hour broadcast I move my lips on camera a full second sonner than any sound comes out :D Looks like singing badly on a playback. Any idea what's causing this? I also think it doesn't matter if it's a local recording or a stream.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
does this only happen with your webcam? are the rest of the items on stream in-sync?

bellenoir

Hm kinda hard to judge. The webcam is definetely ahead of the audio. But now that you asked I think the video as a whole is a little bit ahead of audio. Like a split second or so. Seems like I was wrong before - the delay does not increase, its constant form start till end. You can see for yourself here: http://en.twitch.tv/bellenoir/b/334436830 if you want. But from what I see and hear I think the vhole video feed is ahead by a couple of tenths of a second at least. I dont use my webcam mic and the webcam is connected via a USB port, if that's any help.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Okay, in the next version the sync should be far more accurate. I did some tests, and this is actually a bug, it'll be fixed in the next version.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Could you try the latest daily build (at the top of each forum) and see if it makes things a bit better? Fixed the "slightly off sync" issue hopefully, and testing out some other new timing/sync adjustments as well as improved the network code and such so that latency doesn't cause any problems in this regard.