Camera OK, but Preview slow to access Media Source, then lags and freezes

Gumbo

I have a Barlus Underwater Camera. The live video looks terrific when monitoring through the VMS software used to control and configure the camera. However, when selecting the camera as a Source in OBS, it takes maybe 10 seconds for the Preview to display the video. Then, after video is finally displayed, it runs for a few seconds, freezes, runs some more, etc. Camera is connected via wifi extender, upload speed at 15Mbps and bit rate at 8000. Along with VMS, video also plays well in VLC. Issue likely then something within OBS.

Thanatos8088

Sorry to ask (seeing as I don't have the answer to your question) but I've got a colleague with a Barlus camera that won't even display the preview. I suspect that he has the RTSP URL incorrect. Any chance you could share yours (redacting the user/pass and IP info naturally). I'm curious if there is a parameter at the end he is missing.

Gumbo

rtsp://IP:554/user=admin&password=&channel=1&stream=0.sdp? Let me know if that works. Barlus has excellent tech support on Windows, lousy on Mac. Very responsive and should be able to help. Tim Gao <sales2@barluscam.com>