Button to match video resolution to a video source

tsun

I would like to use OBS as a video recording software (been looking for a new one for a while), but I find it a little cumbersome to setup for my personal needs, because the output size is completely separate from what I am actually recording.

So I'd like to request something that I imagine is very simple to add: a button that changes your output size to match a selected video source.

The video sources have exact size values in the properties, and you can set the output to any exact value. All I need is an easy way to transfer the former to latter without having to copy paste twice every time I change what I record.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
What do you mean the output size is completely separate from what you are actually recording? You mean the output size changes depending on the source? Hm, yea. I kind of do wish there were a way to do that, without users inadvertently screwing up their stream on accident. I'll see what I can do in future versions.

tsun

When I added a new window as a source and recorded it, the video ended up being a large black square (my screen resolution) with a small window (the source) in the corner. The only ways to fix is is to:
1. Upscale the source window, which is not a very professional solution at all, unless you're doing that live.
2. Check the source dimensions and copy paste them to the output resolution in the settings, which is a little annoying since you have to do it every single time you change what you record.

I think the best way to solve this would be to add a new right click menu option, so when you right click a video source, you can select "match video resolution to this source" or something. :)