Bug Report BSOD when switching scene or starting OBS in scene with 2 webcams

StinePlays

Some times, but not always, my computer gets blue screen as soon as I start OBS Studio on a scene with 2 active cameras, or when I switch to a scene with 2 active cameras.

BSOD message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (lvuvc64.sys)

I have 2 Logitech c920's, one is running in 1080p, the other one has a lower resolution. They are running on different USB-controllesr (1 in the back of my comp, 1 in the front).

After I have restarted my computer, OBS starts up on the same scene that failed earlier, and then works fine.

For all I know, it might not be an OBS Studio issue, but this is the only place I have left to ask for help. I have been googling my ass off, and reinstalled the webcam drivers, reinstalled them in compatibility-mode, removed the drivers... lots of things. Any lead that will help me fix this instability is greatly apprecciated!

(The logfiles are before and after a crash, restart and startup of the stream again)

EDIT: OS: Windows 10

Attachments

• 2016-06-26 18-28-12.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 2016-06-26 18-48-28.txt
    26 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Suslik V

Support in such cases recommends to update camera's driver to Microsoft USB Video Device (manually) - some kind of general device, if understand it right.

StinePlays

How do I do this exactly? I have only downloaded the driver from the logitech website and installed that, both with and without the logitech software.

StinePlays

Ok, I have updated the driver on one of the cameras to the generic USB driver. I tried both first, but then it wouldnt let me add the cam in 1080p in OBS Studio. So now I have the face-lowres cam running on the USB Video Device driver, and the main camera on the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 driver. I will come back here if I get BSOD again. Thanks for your assistance.

StinePlays

The option of switching to USB Video Device driver did not work so well for me. No bluescreen yet but OBS Studio did not like that driver. When I open scenes with both cameras, it won't display the USB-driver camera most of the time, and very randomly.

MyMultiExtruder

I have this problem, too. Similar setup. Multiple USB cameras, one in the back, two in a hub on the front, and I'll be adding more. BSOD and restarts my pc on almost every startup. The only thing that helps is if I unplug the cameras before I open OBS. A fix in the next update would be appreciated.

Hatdatsat

You say obs cant cause a BSOD but i beg to differ.
I get a crash saying my obs stopped working asking me do i want to send a message yes or no. it doesnt matter what option i choose the but if i choose a windows screen will show up showing that the program is stuck and trying to resolve it and after 2 sec i have a BSOD. This obs crash happens when i have 2 webcams running and 1 of the webcams freezes in obs showing the message i can actually keep going obs is still working just that 1 webcam is than not responding.
im using a logitech c920 and a logitech c922 i believe its mostly the c922 crashing but im not a 100% sure. So its not the moment the camera crashes but when i actually let windows try to close obs when i get the BSOD i have tried closing obs with task manager aswell no luck their either. Its a BSOD memory management. I have tried everything updating my BIOS checked my ram reinstalled windows and so on.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
BSODs are caused by faulty hardware or drivers. Programs running in user mode (not inside the OS) cannot directly cause a BSOD, however they may expose bugs or hardware faults in other parts of the system.

Greg Kar

i have the same problem with 2 logitech C270, i have them on separate usb controllers but i get the same BSOD all the time.

When support says to update camera's driver to windows video driver means BOTH cameras or just one of the two?

dub73

yep, got the same issues now, C270 and C920. Either I will return the C920 and get different brand or replace the old C270 with a different brand. I read that this solves the direr conflict.

kurufu

Issue as reported by logitech:
https://support.logitech.com/en_ch/...multiple-C920-webcams-are-used-simultaneously

Solution:
Here’s how to install native UVC drivers for your webcam:
* Open Device Manager.
* Expand Imaging devices.
* Locate the name of your camera in the list and right-click on it.
* Select Update Driver Software...
* Click Browse my computer for driver software.
* Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
* Check Show compatible hardware, and then select USB Video Device.
* Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.

Razorflak

Thanks, will try this !
But I'm suprise, cause I try the same think on Xplit (C525 and C615) and I had no issues.
So are we 100% sure its not an OBS issue ? ^^'