Browser Source Interact Prompts Gone

Wedge McCloud

So, this problem exists in a bit of a niche area.

I frequently use browser sources of online game tools via the Interact functionality so I can display them on stream in more efficient and cleaner ways than if I was simply doing a window capture. The most key part is, for entering certain things like player names, the page opens a typical alert/prompt to enter text.

At first, this simply opened a small Windows prompt to enter, as I would have expected. However, at some point, this stopped working and I have not been able to figure out why for weeks. Now, when a prompt would appear, no such popup is seen anywhere on my screen, but the browser source can no longer be clicked on anywhere in the Interact screen, even after closing and reopening it or refreshing the browser source. It seems to be acting as if the prompt is open somewhere and stuck in the "modal" state, preventing the page behind the prompt from being interacted with until you deal with the prompt - as is typical, only there IS no prompt.

This inability to interact with the browser source goes away if OBS is restarted, but as soon as a prompt is opened, it gets stuck again. I can't tell if the prompts are somehow displaying off-screen (hitting Enter or Escape doesn't seem to solve this, so it doesn't seem likely) or something else is happening. This issue has persisted across restarts of OBS, restarts of my system, and into creating a new Profile and Scene Collection.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm at a loss as to how to go about troubleshooting this any further than I have. I can recreate the issue every time and nothing appears in the logs.

Attachments

• 2022-06-15 01-28-48.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: