Browse button no longer works, image, media, etc.

jefferoonie

Hello,

Running OBS 27.0.0 on Xubuntu 20.10. It has been working great for the little bit I use it for. Just recently, I can no longer browse to an image file, media file, or anything when adding a source. The button no longer does anything. Has anyone seen this?

2021-07-14_22-06.png

Thanks,
Jeff

helenv

i have the exact same problem, with OBS 27.1.3-modified(linux), on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. everything was working fine, i was able to add images using the browse button in october; then this week i tried to learn how to add a media source, to stream a video from my desktop, and discovered that clicking on the browse button does nothing. it also no longer works for adding an image source.
a developer friend suggested it could be something to do with recent changes to pulse audio, & tried to help me find what the problem was, but we didn't succeed.
i'm going to try uninstalling obs & reinstalling it ...

Pelorojo

I've installed OBS-Studio with Flatpak but one day I've realized that the startup loading time increased a lot, same happened with another app which I installed with snap. I could see that there is a timeout related to a service called "org.freedesktop.portal.Documents". First I uninstalled xdg-desktop-portal which seem to fix the problem but then I had exactly the problem described in this thread. I was able to fix it by deleting the directory ~/.local/share/flatpak/db and reinstalling xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-gtk + reboot.