Question / Help Broadcasting from a Macbook Pro

hellokyle

Back in the day I remember everyone having problems with overheating while streaming and I assume that hasn't changed much.

Would I be able to broadcast in 720p at 60fps on my MBP without hardware degradation due to heat?

• 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
  • Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
  • 8GB 1600MHz memory

Fladam

I stream at 30fps and 720p and my specs are much worse, though I do have a desktop iMac. I think your macboook will be able to handle it just fine. If it doesn't, try lowering the fps a little and if that still doesn't work maybe the resolution. Hope I helped.

cherrybrola

I too use my MBP to stream. My specs are the same as yours except I was daring and threw 16gb into mine. Anyway, I stream 720p, 30fps and it gets a little hot. Its manageable with a decent cooling pad. I use a Targus Triple Fan (Best Buy around 30-40 bucks if I remember) and it seems to keep it at an ok temp. Remember, your heat exhaust is right where your screen meets the base of laptop, so it will almost always have heat coming out of it.

edit:a word

OBS running without ACTUALLY streaming will cause my Macbook Pro 13" ( early 2015 ) to heat up significantly. I am not sure what the deal is but it just doesn't seem to like running on my Macbook Pro