Brain-saving audio crackling pops info

obsfan

I'm super into OBS Studio - I was afraid to dive in after a couple years of using Classic - but I made the error of assuming the defaults in Studio would be a good starting point! I mean, they are, but I forgot that Classic wasn't exactly out-of-the-box perfect for what I need either! So, bless your hearts, developers, keep up the excellent work. Studio ROCKS.

That said, I'm using the RME Fireface UFX audio interface on Windows 7 with the i7 4790K, 16G RAM, and a GTX 970. I do a multi camera live setup with two C920s and an AUSDOM HD cam. I was going insane with Advanced System Settings, LatencyMon, updating drivers, etc, etc, trying to fix the audio artifacts that were never - at least not as far as I remembered - an issue with Classic. It finally occurred to me to look at the settings I had in Classic. Source properties. Video format. MJPEG!

MJPEG! Which is to say, NOT I420, the default. That's ALL it was. And, of course, then I remembered I'd put myself through this all before with Classic, finding the exact same solution right here in the forums.

This is probably far from a revelation to some, and I know there are many causes for this issue, but my forehead-slapping experience just might save somebody some pain.

TacoGS

this seems to have solved it for a streamer I was troubleshooting with earlier. The 1080p video cam option caused audio cutout and crackling in OBS. Changing it to MJPEG like you said worked.

You deserve to know you helped someone.