Resource icon

Bounce v1.2

jbscript

jbscript submitted a new resource:

Bounce - Bounces a scene item around, DVD logo style

Select the name of a scene item and press the Toggle button (or configure a Toggle Bounce hotkey) to start bouncing it around the scene.

Enable the "Start on scene change" option to automatically start bouncing when switching to a scene containing a scene item with the selected name and restore its position when switching away.

Currently only works for top-level sources/groups in a scene.

Read more about this resource...

SopherFellow

Love this, perfect for bouncing the logo around. Be sure to turn up the speed - nothing happened at all until I turned up the speed - try 10!

VictoriaLehr

It's not clear on exactly HOW to use this?
The download file just brings me to a page full of random information and some coding, but I don't see that working with getting a bouncing logo to work on OBS.
I am assuming you'd have to create a media file in a new source on OBS, and paste a code, or get it to read from a file somewhere, but it's not explaining how to do that.

JagdTeaguer

It's not clear on exactly HOW to use this?
The download file just brings me to a page full of random information and some coding, but I don't see that working with getting a bouncing logo to work on OBS.
I am assuming you'd have to create a media file in a new source on OBS, and paste a code, or get it to read from a file somewhere, but it's not explaining how to do that.

You need to go to:

Hit the Green button labelled "Code"
Then hit the Download Zip selection.
Extract the folder and be ready to drag and drop the bounce.lua file.

In OBS at the top find the Tools tab, then open the Scripts selection.
Press the "+" at the bottom right of the popup window.
That folder is where you have to put the "bounce.lua" script file after you extract it.
Hit Open and the settings should show up!

(I had no idea either but I figured it out somehow haha)

matilan

HI, thanks for the script!
I wonder if u can add a feature of color change with the direction change, so the object will look more like the real DVD logo that changes

foxycleo

Any possibility of making the toggle permanent from a hotkey? Kinda not great to have to hold down the key(s) when you just want to turn it on for a hot minute.

adriancur

Hello @jbscript . First of all, thank you very much for your hard work on this script. I have been reading your blog entry about it and was very complete and easy to understand. I been searching a similar functionality to this for a while. I been trying to emulate this effect ( Twitch clip ) for a while but i cannot do the rotation on the source. Seems like is using a physics lua depedency or something similar.
There is any plan to add this behavior to your script in the future? (or maybe some hints to do it myself).
Thanks in advance.

ODISeth

This is only work in Preview?
How to enable it in Program?
I just want to bump this message, since the bounce.lua function does not seem to work in Studio Mode. It'll do the DVD screensaver bounce on the preview side of things, but for the actual program side that's being recorded or broadcast, the source remains stationary. Doing a scene transition updates the position of the source, but it doesn't continue movement as demonstrated. Any plans on fixing this?

Le_Rane

Please help, i need to use OBS hotkeys for this script, but i can only do this holding a button. Can i somehow do this without holding, just need to activate it on a button pressed

Poodmund

I am having an issue with this script. I have the script applied to a media source in a scene (A), this scene is nested in another scene (B). When the script is toggled the media source correctly bounces when the scene (A) is active, however, when I set the composite scene active (B) the media source no longer bounces and moves immediately back to the starting position and does not move.

I wonder if the script is set to only run when the set containing the source is active(?).

Pretty neat script, but when I need to turn it off I was worried I couldn't figure it out. You just click the toggle button when you want it to stop then your good! Thanks for creating it!

Gambloide