Question / Help Blank screen with Capture card

ReflectedMantis

So I tried this using both OBS Studio and SLOBS, and both programs had the same problem. Initially I was using OBS, but I tried switching to SLOBS for the reason mentioned later in the post.

Note that I had never changed any settings EVER in OBS since the ones I changed when I first installed OBS. I went to record some gameplay off of my Nintendo Switch using my capture card (It's a cheaper one, but usually really good, it's called "HD Live Game Streamer"), and all of a sudden it just shows a blank screen instead of displaying what the capture card is sending through. I have always had Custom Resolution of 1920x1080 set, 30 FPS (since the capture card doesn't support 60FPS), and pretty much left everything else alone. I never had any problems with it until this point. I tried restarting the PC, reinstalling OBS, reinstalling the drivers for the capture card, and then I tried changing the settings.

Now this is where things get interesting: When I kinda played around with the settings hoping that I could get it to kick in, all of a sudden, it crashed. No, not OBS, my entire PC. I got a Blue screen. When my PC started up again and I tried opening it again, as soon as OBS launched, I get yet another Blue screen. This continues to happen, so now I can't even open OBS anymore without getting the blue screen of death. Thus, I decided to try SLOBS, and although this time it doesn't crash, the capture card still won't display any video or audio. I decided to uninstall OBS and I will try re-installing it again to see what happens, but when I uninstalled it this time I accidentally deleted all user info with it, so I don't have any of my scenes or sources anymore. But because SLOBS has the same problem that OBS Studio does, I am not confident that re-installing it again is going to work, especially since I have already done so once...

I will include DxDiag and I will try to see if it's possible to recover the log files once I figure out where they're stored. Once I do that I will add them.
Edit: Added a zip full of logs. Sorry for having so many, but I wanted to include all of the ones I though might be relevant.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    71.6 KB · Views: 7
  • logs.rar
    16.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

ReflectedMantis

Update: After restarting OBS, I no longer had the PC crashing issue, so that's good. (also somehow all of my scenes remained there even though I didn't set it to be when I uninstalled, don't know what that's about but I'll take it)
So I decided to try to unplug everything from my capture card (HDMI In and Out, and the USB cord that should allow it to actually display on the PC) and then after about 5 seconds or so plug it all back in. When I opened OBS, everything began working properly: it was showing up on my screen in 1080p and there was audio... until I switched scenes... Then everything went back to what it was...