BlackMagic Recorder 3G into OBS - little to no audio

Lord Carol

Hi there,

I'm installing one of the new BlackMagic Recorder 3G (over Thunderbolt 3) for a client and I'm getting almost no audio, despite it metering fine. The small amount I do get on either monitor or stream/record output is very intermittent and distorted.

I'm using Desktop Video 11.6 as that's the only version that supports the Recorder 3G. I know there's a problem with 11.6 on the BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder but the new box isn't supported by older firmware.

Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated.

akash chauhan

I have the same problem. Audio is glitchy with OBS, but Audio and Video input from Recorder 3G works fine with Blackmagic Media Express.

thebookfreak58

It turns out that the "Blackmagic Device" option that is selected is actually written by OBS. So OBS would need to fix this.

If you choose to add the following device which are written by Blackmagic, then it should work without the audio issues.

Add "Video Capture Device" & add "Audio Input Capture" and select 3G recorder.

then it started working fine for me :)

OBS need to update their “blackmagic device” option.

princekhazar

It turns out that the "Blackmagic Device" option that is selected is actually written by OBS. So OBS would need to fix this.

If you choose to add the following device which are written by Blackmagic, then it should work without the audio issues.

Add "Video Capture Device" & add "Audio Input Capture" and select 3G recorder.

then it started working fine for me :)

OBS need to update their “blackmagic device” option.

I tried this, but it didn't work for me. I would get audio for the Audio Input, but the Video Capture would be black.

jluc

Same issue here when using Blackmagic UltraStudio Recorder 3G on Ubuntu Linux with 11.6 drivers... No solution yet.

thebookfreak58

I tried this, but it didn't work for me. I would get audio for the Audio Input, but the Video Capture would be black.

Some more hints to help...

Similar but different bug here: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/3277

I have a similar issue, but mine shows a green screen on startup. Toggling the input type fixes it up. See video:

donsalvatore

Hi there,

I'm installing one of the new BlackMagic Recorder 3G (over Thunderbolt 3) for a client and I'm getting almost no audio, despite it metering fine. The small amount I do get on either monitor or stream/record output is very intermittent and distorted.

I'm using Desktop Video 11.6 as that's the only version that supports the Recorder 3G. I know there's a problem with 11.6 on the BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder but the new box isn't supported by older firmware.

Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated.

This way works! puting blackmagic as an imput audio too within another audio imput

scruz931

Just had this problem last night with new 3G. Today I looked at the Device list and found "Blackmagic Device". Allows both Audio and Video from the one selection. Yay!

scruz931

Just had this problem last night with new 3G. Today I looked at the Device list and found "Blackmagic Device". Allows both Audio and Video from the one selection. Yay!
Oops! Spoke too soon. Audio shows up but stuttering and glitchy.