Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K

Jim Potter

Dear Oracle: I have a recent, fast Windows 10 machine. I have the Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K card installed. We have been running OBS Ver. 22.02 for several years without problems. I heard the latest version, 26.1, has a pause feature which I need for this weekend. I upgraded to 26.1. Problem: it won't see the Blackmagic card no matter what I try. I uninstalled and re-installed it, and tried everything. 26.1 will see my internet camera and the screen, but not the Pro 4K card. I gave up trying and re-installed the old 22.02 version and I'm back to square 1. I need a version that features the pause button AND will see the Blackmagic card. Any suggestions? Lemmeknow ASAP, please.
Thanks/Regards/Jim Potter

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
As nobody has officially responded to this thread - going forward you will need the 11.6 drivers or higher (via Blackmagic Desktop Video 11.6+).

However, there is a known issue with certain formats in OBS 26.1.0 that we hope to fix in the coming days in 26.1.1, so keep an eye out. Feel free to downgrade to 26.0 in the meantime.

FBCOTX

Dear Oracle: I have a recent, fast Windows 10 machine. I have the Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K card installed. We have been running OBS Ver. 22.02 for several years without problems. I heard the latest version, 26.1, has a pause feature which I need for this weekend. I upgraded to 26.1. Problem: it won't see the Blackmagic card no matter what I try. I uninstalled and re-installed it, and tried everything. 26.1 will see my internet camera and the screen, but not the Pro 4K card. I gave up trying and re-installed the old 22.02 version and I'm back to square 1. I need a version that features the pause button AND will see the Blackmagic card. Any suggestions? Lemmeknow ASAP, please.
Thanks/Regards/Jim Potter
My exact same problem--used Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K and OBS for years. Upgrade will not connect to Blackmagic. I will try returning to previous version.

FBCOTX

Just returned to Version 25 and everything came back with Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K. Glad to have it back before our next simulcast!

Marvin Camp

Mine did the same thing, went straight to blue screen, big question how do you go back to previous version? Thanks for help in advance.

WayneWM

As nobody has officially responded to this thread - going forward you will need the 11.6 drivers or higher (via Blackmagic Desktop Video 11.6+).

However, there is a known issue with certain formats in OBS 26.1.0 that we hope to fix in the coming days in 26.1.1, so keep an eye out. Feel free to downgrade to 26.0 in the meantime.
How do I downgrade to version 26.0? Where do I find it? Do I have to completely uninstall 26.1 or is there a way to revert back to previous version before the update?

WayneWM

Thank you for the link ghobbes. I did find version 25 on my computer in my download file (from earlier in the year). I installed it (without removing 26.1) and it now works fine. I certainly lost a lot of time because of the faulty 26.1 update. I learned to NOT run an update if I have need for the software immediately. Thanks again!

devmtl

Thank you for the link ghobbes. I did find version 25 on my computer in my download file (from earlier in the year). I installed it (without removing 26.1) and it now works fine. I certainly lost a lot of time because of the faulty 26.1 update. I learned to NOT run an update if I have need for the software immediately. Thanks again!
Thanks for the confirmation!