Question / Help Black Screen when Capturing Chrome Window

Kloud

I'm attempting to capture my chrome window on OBS Studio version 0.13.4 64 bit on Windows 10.

I tried launching it in administrator mode and i've tried disabling Hardware Acceleration in chrome, neither have fixed it.

What version of Chrome are you using? What do yo see in the capture window is it just black? Do you see mouse trails if you move the cursor into the actual Chrome window?

CrzyDmnd

I'm experiencing the same issue, just started happening a couple of days ago. Window capture will not capture Chrome (all black). Mouse shows up with Cursor Capture on. Tried with multiple Chrome windows open and will not capture any of them. This is with OBS 0.13.4 64-bit and Chrome 50.0.2661.75 m.

Did you try disabling Hardware Acceleration? That fixed the issue for me. Settings, Show Advanced Settings, scroll all the way down to System and uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available

nanowiz

I have the same problem with OBS Window Capture of Chrome in Windows 10. Monitor Capture works fine however. I have already disabled Hardware Acceleration in Chrome plus enabled compatibility mode with Windows 7 for the OBS 64 bit exe file.

My Chrome is Version 57.0.2987.21 beta (64-bit). I tried Opera and Edge and both gave the same black screen with Window Capture.

This works OK for me with Chrome build 56.0.2924.87, any particular reason you are using a beta and are you able to rollback and check with the current release build?

Frankie T

I did all this and none of it helped - I still get black screens in all browsers after disabling hardware acceleration

wolfkin

Thanks guys. I disabled and it worked for me. Cheers.

OBS: 18.0.1
Chrome: Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to capture my chrome window on OBS Studio version 0.13.4 64 bit on Windows 10.

I tried launching it in administrator mode and i've tried disabling Hardware Acceleration in chrome, neither have fixed it.
First off update your OBS Studio because you are using a VERY OLD version of it. Second, use "Display Capture" once you update OBS Studio and configured your settings properly.