Black Screen Glitch (Screen comes and goes)

vantabrown

Hey there,

The Problem:

My OBS capture card, when recording on my streaming MacBook, keeps showing a black screen. It flickers back for just a second, revealing my gaming PC's feed on OBS Studio, before going black again. This cycle repeats: 5 seconds of black, followed by a quick flash of the screen, then back to black.

The Setup:

I'm using a PC (though not a high-end one) for gaming and a MacBook Air M2 for streaming. Both are connected through an NZXT HD60 capture card. To manage the single HDMI port on my PC, I've added a powered HDMI splitter, as I'm not using the display port. All devices are updated.

My Suspicions :

After successfully connecting my PS5 without any issues, I doubt it's a problem with the HDMI cables, as I'm using the same ones. I suspect there might be an issue with the HDMI output of my PC, or perhaps I need a better HDMI cable. However, considering the investment I've already made in the capture card, I'm hesitant to spend more money. What should I do ? Should I boost my HDMI output but how? I'm want to start streaming, but this issue is holding me back.