Question / Help black bars on the sides

JohnB

Please tell us your settings.
Are you capturing the game, or are you capturing a screen region using Software Capture? What's your desktop's resolution, and at what resolution are you streaming?

Staretta

So, In OBS, you have black bars? Or are you referring to the player on the website you are streaming to, such as Twitch.tv, or Hashd.tv?

paibox

heros in an halfshel
1680x1050 will always have black bars on most Flash stream players. Almost all Twitch stream players are set up for a 16:9 resolution, and 1680x1050 is 16:10. There is nothing you can do to fix this aside from streaming at a 16:9 resolution, common ones being 1920x1080, 1280x720 and 640x360.

4thLaw_Mayhem

I have the same issue ie black bars on the side when broadcasting through twitch, I am broadcasting at 1680x1050. Now in the OBS I tried to change resolution but it doesn't give me the option. I'm wondering if I'm missing something and if the only solution without losing streaming quality is to get a monitor that is 1920x1080 16:9?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You can set any resolution you want in OBS in the video settings. If you play your game at a 16:9 resolution that's a good workaround short of a new monitor.