Question / Help Bitrate gets low and very high at times

Spideyinks

Not sure if this is normal or not. Its been a recent thing ive noticed. It didnt do this before. But i have my bitrate at CBR and 6000kbps. Ive noticed that at times it lowers to 3000 sometimes and as high as 7500 sometimes. When i stream on twitch twitch tells me my stream is unstable and too high of a bitrate. Im also using Nvenc(new) to encode. I use my PC just to stream console gaming. My internet downlaod speed is 860 mbps and upload speed of 935 mbps. Ive included my Log file.

Narcogen

That is normal. Bitrate settings are targets, and actual output will vary with frame content. Lots of motion, higher bitrate. Black screen, lower bitrate.

I believe you can select "enforce streaming service encoder settings" on the Settings > Output > Streaming screen to attempt and enforce a stricter bitrate limit. If your viewers are not seeing a problem this may not be necessary.

Your log ends when the stream attempt begins. Let the stream finish, then upload the Current log without quitting OBS for the log to contain information on how OBS performs during the stream.