Question / Help Bitrate cut in half

falserage1

I've been streaming for roughly a year now and this just started happening. I would start streaming with 6,000kb/s and it would automatically stabilize with 3,000kb/s. (Keep in mind I get 50 upload from my ISP) I thought this might have been my ISP having issues but i've been running tests and their's no problems, nor has my internet ever gone out with them. I did a fresh re-install of OBS, only changed the bitrate back to 6,000kb/s and the same thing kept happening, so I doubled my streaming bitrate to 12,000kb/s and i'm getting my desired 6,000kb/s and it's stable. This may be a bug with OBS recent updates, because i've had a few other friends go through this. Any help to get it normally running back to 6,000 would be appreciated, Thanks.

TryHD

NVENC can't do real CBR, the bitrate always drops if there is no movement. Put your bitrate on 7000 and you are fine.

falserage1

Nevermind, I guess there was a double overlay of games so it was canceling eachother out. I don't know how or why it made two but I deleted the 2nd game display and it works now, thank you.