Bitmap Font/Sprite Font Support?

LemonLeezard

I was wondering if it would be possible to implement functionality for bitmap/sprite fonts into OBS? Or if there are any existing plugins and add-ons that adds such functionality?

For example, I want to be able to have a countdown timer with a customized bitmap font that is fixed width, and while I could use a standard monospaced font for that, I feel like being able to use a bitmap font could be useful for providing some additional flair.

For reference, when I say "bitmap fonts", I mean something like what is shown in this article:

LemonLeezard

You could try the text-pango plugin. Unfortunately neither Freetype nor GDI+ support bitmap/sprite fonts.
Apologies for bumping this old thread, just wanted to add an update to this.

I did give text-pango a shot (and admittedly it is a very nice alternative to Freetype and GDI+ text sources), but after some digging around in the discussion page for the plugin, I came across a response from the developer of it stating that only TTF bitmap fonts are supported in it.

Unless someone wants to take a crack at making a text plugin that supports the .fnt font format (or hell, maybe even if the dev of text-pango updated it to have support for the format, don't know what that would entail), I'll probably have to resort to just using plain old .ttf / .otf fonts for the time being.

That or I would just pre-render some text and add it as an image, but where's the fun in that? lol