Question / Help Bind to IP Issue

Skeetercj

Hello all. I have two separate Internet sources plugged into my desktop. I used to stream daily and would route OBS through a secondary IP as it has better upload speed. I recently wanted to jump back on the stream again, so I updated everything and when I went to stream, I got the "Failed to connect to server" error.

For clarification, the stream works perfectly on the "Default" setting under Bind to IP, but that is the wrong internet source. I even selected the wrong IP manually just to see if it would stream that way and got the error there too.

Does anybody know what this is?

https://obsproject.com/logs/qjRD8XbR5MDjOZG9
Error OBS.png

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Unfortunately your log shows no attempt to connect, make sure you upload the log from a session with the problem.

Skeetercj

UPDATE:

I have fixed the issue. I am actually an IT Tech and make a living fixing issues like this. This project, however, stumped me. I ended up completely wiping my PC and reinstalling windows. After this was finished, everything worked perfectly. This is honestly the most inconvenient fix as I had previously reset my network adapters, tried safe mode and a number of other suggestions I found online. I'm glad it's working now, but I am curious as to why this happened in the first place.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That's a very weird issue, something was either pretending to be the IP of Twitch's servers or there was some 3rd party firewall or other filtering software that was returning RST in response to the connection attempts, but only on that adapter.

Skeetercj

That's a very weird issue, something was either pretending to be the IP of Twitch's servers or there was some 3rd party firewall or other filtering software that was returning RST in response to the connection attempts, but only on that adapter.

I wish I knew. I triple checked my firewall settings and they were good. I uninstalled my antivirus to check that too. It was just weird that ONLY the default setting worked. In that config it would broadcast on both ISPs if I disabled the second or first adapter, but I couldn’t manually select which adapter to send to.