Best settings for streaming live sports game

Bart0n

Hi,

We've recently started streaming live sport games, football and handball, so high pace games (60FPS).
We are using a Sony FDR-AX53 camera, attached to our computer with Elgato Cam Link 4K.

Last stream, I've noticed that OBS is hammering on my CPU, but I didn't see much drops (Framed missed, Skipped frames) in the Stats menu.
But, since we are not using the GPU at all, I'm wondering if its a good idea to change the encoder from x264 to NVENC.
After some reading, I've read various things, that NVENC is lower quality, but also that it can buff up the quality. So I'm kind of lost right now :).

PC Specs:
- I5-7600
- GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
- 16GB RAM

So if we are just using a camera to stream live game play, x264 or NVENC?

Thanks!

EDIT: Other thing to add, the internet connection is good (150MB up/download).

Tomasz Góral

I got four AX33, and always use NVENC, but i got little more computer and laptops (I5-7500 with GTX1050, I7-9750 with RTX2060, I7-10750 with RTX2060 and I7-6700 with GTX1060, I7-3770K wit GTX1660Ti and I5-540 with GTX1050Ti).
All this i use to streaming, football, rugby, handball, basketball, hockey (is very fast), squash or swimming and many others.
For stable internet connection i use bonding device with 4 or 6 LTE modems.

NVENC - gives me the opportunity to offload the CPU.

Bart0n

I got four AX33, and always use NVENC, but i got little more computer and laptops (I5-7500 with GTX1050, I7-9750 with RTX2060, I7-10750 with RTX2060 and I7-6700 with GTX1060, I7-3770K wit GTX1660Ti and I5-540 with GTX1050Ti).
All this i use to streaming, football, rugby, handball, basketball, hockey (is very fast), squash or swimming and many others.
For stable internet connection i use bonding device with 4 or 6 LTE modems.

NVENC - gives me the opportunity to offload the CPU.
Thanks for your reply, what settings do you use in OBS if I may ask?

gogoon

Hi I have now read your post, we broadcast live games here an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKRted5vFsM.
OBS nvenc setting enabled, what matters is the upload and not the download what you see and set to 6MB, I hope I was useful.
Mario
Handball Molteno
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKRted5vFsM.
Hi Mario!

Would you mind telling me how to get the cheering background sound in your stream?
What is your set up for audio?
I did a football stream but it sounded like I was in a studio with no audience.
Thanks