Question / Help Best settings for OBS on Minecraft with GTX 1650 and i7-4790 (non k) 1080p 60fps?

tdubz

What are the best settings for OBS Recording (I am not interested in streaming) on Minecraft Java Edition with GTX 1650 and i7-4790 (non k) with smooth 1080p 60fps? Whenever I go into fullscreen mode, Minecraft always experience stutters and the recording is not smooth. All I would like is to be able to record smooth 1080p 60fps without any stuttering, buffering or lag. The wierd thing is whenever I am not in fullscreen mode it doesn't stutter; however I get 1920x1017 instead of 1920x1080 when not in full screen mode which is annoying.

How can I fix this,

Kind reguards,

tdubz

carlmmii

Please post a log with your issue! Here's how...

I would highly recommend getting OptiFine installed if you haven't already, so you can adjust your graphics settings past the minimal control of the base game. Also, you might want to search for a fullscreen borderless mod, which should allow you to at least work around the issue you're having.

Also, do you happen to be using a high refresh rate monitor?

Last edited:

tdubz

Please post a log with your issue! Here's how...

I would highly recommend getting OptiFine installed if you haven't already, so you can adjust your graphics settings past the minimal control of the base game. Also, you might want to search for a fullscreen borderless mod, which should allow you to at least work around the issue you're having.

Also, do you happen to be using a high refresh rate monitor?
I have Optifine and a 1080p 60fps monitor so not a high refresh rate. VSync is enabled so it is capped at 60fps.