Question / Help Best settings for my pc to stream NVEC

mykelis99

Hey there guys!

I decided I want to start streaming and so far it does not go well at all... So I've tried to stream with x264 at first and it was a nightmare, my in-game fps from smooth 60 went to something like 25 only on 720p so I've tried NVEC then and it seems A BIT better than before but I still get some clunkiness. My question is, what bitrate should I use and what other settings may help me get more fps in-game.

My internet speed is around 300mbytes/s upload and download and my PC(laptop) is:
i5 7300HQ
8gb ram DDR4
Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb

So as you can see my laptop is quite powerful yet I can't understand why I cant stream a game on lowest settings, 720p without getting big fps drops, especially when system requirements for the game is like intel core 2 duo, 2gb ram and hd5500 vga.... My in-obs settings are like NVEC, output is 1080p@30fps everything is set to high performance instead of quality.

I stream with streamlabs obs because it has been advertised that it takes less cpu, but maybe they're wrong, maybe I should download OBS from this website, does someone have experience on the new "Streamlabs" obs?

Thank You guys!

mykelis99

Solved the problem - just downloaded obs studio and whoalia! I'm able to stream 1080p 60fps with no problems, so I guess my advice would be to stick as far away as possible from streamlabs OBS, atleast for now till its new and likely unoptimized.