Question / Help Best Settings for July 2019 12' Macbook Pro

The DJ Sessions

Hello,

I am looking for the best settings to setup OBS on my 12" Macbook pro. It is the latest version (July 2019) build.

It has a 1.4 i5, 8GB Ram, and the 645 graphics card.

I do video production with webcams but recently bought a HDMI to USB converter that works with OBS.

Here's the issue...when I go to just record to test my frame rates drops down to 15-19 FPS. I have it set to 1280x720 and 3000 Kbps.

This is unacceptable.

I am looking for any help to get the best out of OBS and my Mac. I was just helping a friend and he was on a four year old PC with no problems, and he is not a video guy so I know his specs are less than mine.

Help me OBS Community...you're my only hope...lol.

The DJ Sessions

Awesome, I was looking how to reset this. I am trying to do this and I am getting the message

"Failed to connect to any servers, please check you internet connection and try again."

I am on a Wifi connection with 300 Mbps upload.

Would it be better to just run bootcamp and Windows and/or will it work with Parallels?

I have attached the log file.

Attachments

• 2019-11-19 07-40-47.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 26

Narcogen

07:41:17.287: [rtmp stream: 'test_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-sea.twitch.tv/app...
07:41:41.632: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
07:41:41.633: [rtmp stream: 'test_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-sea.twitch.tv/app failed: -3
07:41:41.637: [rtmp stream: 'test_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-pdx.twitch.tv/app...
07:42:05.989: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
07:42:05.989: [rtmp stream: 'test_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-pdx.twitch.tv/app failed: -3
07:42:05.993: [rtmp stream: 'test_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-sfo.twitch.tv/app...
07:42:30.410: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
07:42:30.410: [rtmp stream: 'test_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-sfo.twitch.tv/app failed: -3

The above indicates a problem accessing your Twitch account. Either your computer is unable to reach the selected Twitch ingest server(s) or there is a problem with your account.

You've either got the wrong stream key, or if you've used account integration, you haven't turned on 2 Factor Auth which I believe is now required.

Streaming on wireless is not generally recommended.

I also would recommend Boot Camp over Parallels. OBS expects access to a real hardware GPU and is not intended for use in virtual machines.

07:42:30.431: YUV mode: 709/Full

This should be 709/Partial or 601/Partial for most users.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...t-color-range-settings-guide-test-charts.442/

The DJ Sessions

No problem with the account.
Updated stream key...it was the same
I have 2 Factor turned on
Wifi is 300 Mbps+ upload so no issue there
Yeah Boot Camp may be the solution here

Still gave me the same message.