Best OBS Settings for FPS / fast pasted titles

Jaraz

I just build my new pc (5800x + RTX 3080) and ive been streaming for a year with (2600 + 1660 Ti).
My focus on my obs settings were...
1) little to no input lag
2) good stream quality
... in that order.
I always run obs as admin, i use NVENC, CBR, 6000 bitrate, 2 keyframe int., Quality, high, psycho visual tuning, 0, max b-frames 2 on my new pc.
I tested my stream in destiny 2 (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/976120106) and im mostly happy with it but i think i could improve.
Any thoughts on profile: main/ high + keyframe intervall: 0 / 2 + look-ahead or psycho visual tuning and or how i could improve stream quality?
Thank you in advance.
obss1.png
obss2.png

D

Deleted member 121471

Disable Psycho Visual Tuning, change Output resolution to 864p, at most. Downscale filter depends on preference, either Bicubic or Lanczos are adequate. Without a logfile I cannot offer any additional suggestions.

Be aware that bitrate set at 6000 kbps is ideal for 720p@60FPS if you want to maintain that standard of 0.1 bits per pixel.

If stream quality is what you're aiming for, decent/good image quality is all you need, I have found audio quality and, in particular, audio balance to be far more criticized and necessary for viewer retention, content notwithstanding.

Jaraz

Disable Psycho Visual Tuning, change Output resolution to 864p, at most. Downscale filter depends on preference, either Bicubic or Lanczos are adequate. Without a logfile I cannot offer any additional suggestions.

Be aware that bitrate set at 6000 kbps is ideal for 720p@60FPS if you want to maintain that standard of 0.1 bits per pixel.
Im streaming on twitch and the website only supports a max. of 6000 bitrate. I've tried 720p but the quality isnt as good as 864 or 936p as i've tried both.
Before i got the new pc, i always had look-ahead on instead, some one told me to turn on pvt instead since its supposably better for fps games.
Ty you so muchfor your answer.
PS: How do i post my logfile?
-Marc

D

Deleted member 121471

Pinned topic on top of the OBS forum's Windows support directory:

Jaraz

Pinned topic on top of the OBS forum's Windows support directory:

my bad.