Question / Help Best Color Settings for x264 qp=0 lossless recording

Hey,

what would be the BEST (most lossless) color quality setting for x264 lossless using the qp=0 parameter?

if i set Color Format to RGB, mediainfo tells it's 4:2:0

if i set Color Format to I444 mediainfo tells it's 4:4:4 and the record (still image) is larger.

what would be the recommend YUV Color Range? Full or Limited?
and will Color Range and Color Space be ignored if i use RGB as Color Format?

what about parallel streaming will it automaticly converted to 4:2:0?

im asking because im using Premiere to cut the recorded stuff and premiere converts everything to rgb as far as i now

and if i record in 2560x1440 premiere won't playback the preview because it seems to be too heavy for my cpu (xeon e3)

Thanks

Suslik V

Ahoy,

There is no "color quality" settings. (you still may use Output Mode: Simple, Recording Quality: Lossless Quality...)

You can output RGB in Output Mode: Simple, Recording Quality: Lossless Quality...

True. Larger. Not sub-sampled formats always large.

In general I recommend Limited, but you may use Full as well.
If using RGB, data will be converted to YUV before processing output.

Yes.

RBG>YUV lossless until you decide to use sub-sampling. YUV>RGB too (note that this is not about R'G'B', NV12)

- (try to ask Adobe support)

Not at all.

----------------------------------------------
Resume. If you are using for recordings Output Mode: Advanced, then try to specify Color Format: I444, YUV Color Range: Full, Rate Control: CRF, CRF: 0. This is max settings for Studio's x264 and no need to use additional x264 Options. But this is not wise settings for common use.

Resume. If you are using for recordings Output Mode: Advanced, then try to specify Color Format: I444, YUV Color Range: Full, Rate Control: CRF, CRF: 0. This is max settings for Studio's x264 and no need to use additional x264 Options. But this is not wise settings for common use.

Thanks this is what my question was :) my english is not so good.

i always use advanced output. when i stream, i record parallel, so if i set color format to i444 it HAS to be converted to 4:2:0 in the stream, right? this will cause in higher cpu usage.

i made some tests recording with this settings.

if i use i444 my cpu % goes up to 45% recording the forest
with nv12 its about 20-25%
BUT: recording look smoother with i444 especially when moving fast and the game uses motion blur.

i always noticed that obss seems to lag when moving fast in combination with motion blur. Never have seen that with dxtory.

thanks.