Question / Help Beginner on Streaming with a few issues/questions

jose_asdf

Hello everybody!

Thank you very much for coming to help, I really appreciate your time. You see, I just started to do the whole streaming thing. I'm very new into this, and even though I ain't an imbecile with computers, I still have a hard time figuring most of these things. I been trying to stream from my laptop, but before I did I wanted to record some of my gameplay. Well, I started recording and the frames were dropping like crazy! It was unplayable! I went back to the recording, and you can tell when the frame dropping happens.

• This is my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/JGZrCr1fudg2byqh
  • My laptop has the following specs:
    • CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
      Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4GB GDDR5); Intel UHD Graphics 630
      RAM: 8GB DDR4 (2,666MHz)
      Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) anti-glare LED-backlit
      Storage: 128GB SSD: 1TB HDD @ 5,400RPM
      Ports: 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x ethernet, 1 x SD reader
      Battery: 56 Whr, 4-cell Battery (Integrated)
      Connectivity: Intel Wireless 9462AC card (802.11ac + Bluetooth 5.0)
      Camera: widescreen HD (720p) webcam; dual array digital mic
      Weight: 5.57 pounds (2.53kg)
      Size: 14.96 x 10.16 x 0.89 inches (380 x 258 x 22.7mm; W x D x H)

I was so sure that it was my laptop's specs that were causing the stream to lag like that, but my friends reassure me that the laptop has the necessary specs to run fine. So I honestly don't know if its an issue with my laptop or the way I set the OBS (and no, I did not touch any of the Advanced Options).

Narcogen

No output session in log.

Open OBS. Begin an output session (recording or streaming). Observe your problem. Stop the output session. Upload the Current log without quitting OBS.

1080p60 on a single PC configuration can be challenging depending on the app you are attempting to capture.

jose_asdf

No output session in log.

Open OBS. Begin an output session (recording or streaming). Observe your problem. Stop the output session. Upload the Current log without quitting OBS.

1080p60 on a single PC configuration can be challenging depending on the app you are attempting to capture.

Try now, sorry about that. https://obsproject.com/logs/Lva8pXt9V64mXx0e

EDIT: Worth to notice, I stream (or trying to) from one monitor and is not the laptop screen. It is a 75hz screen (don't know what that means, but I thought it was important to note).

Narcogen

This log is the same-- no output session ever starts.

In addition, the logfile is completely filled by error messages from your webcam, making it extremely long and a bit hard to read.

That said:

1) Wireless is never suggested for streaming, so I hope you also have wired ethernet;
2) Running two displays at different refresh rates can be problematic, and attempting to record 60fps footage from a 75hz display can lead to stutter because that's not an even multiple. (30,60,120 are, 75 and 150 are, 60 and 75 are not.)