Beamer for presentation not recognized as choosable device for full screen projector preview.

BumBum

Hi there,
musician here, on a M1 Pro 32 GB 16" MacBookPro (2021), OS 12.3.1, OBS Studio 27.2.4.
Doing workshops presenting DAW app et al via OBS.

Goal: Sending out full screen projector preview to a BEAMER for audience via OBS Studio Mode.
When preparing at home, I am using a second display (HDMI connected) instead of beamer ( I do not own a beamer). Everything works perfect and as expected, since I can simply choose the second monitor for full screen projector by rightclicking on preview window in OBS Studio Mode.

Problem: When at workshop venue, connecting venue's beamer instead of a second monitor with HDMI, the beamer seems to be not recognized, i.e. I do not get the option to choose the beamer for full screen projector preview, only the MacBookPro's display is chooseable.
This happend on three different workshop-venues with three different beamers and makes it impossible to present in the wanted way.
I understand this probably is not a pure OBS problem, still, I cannot get it to work.

Possible (but not 100% sure, since I have no beamer here to test), that those beamers do not get recognized by Mac's OS in the first place, hence can not be seen / chosen by OBS. I always thought, beamers are treated just as second / external displays by Mac's OS.

Weird: When connecting a beamer to my MBP via HDMI, the beamer does "beam" / send out the MBP screen (which indicates to me that the beamer is correctly "connected" and recognized), but no option for full screen projector preview - neither when rightclicking in OBS Studio Mode, in "normal" OBS mode or when rightclicking on a scene in OBS. Just mentioning that to clarify, that no beamers are available for any of the possible ways to full-screen-project.

I have checked all imaginable Mac OS restrictions / options in Mac's system prefs which could prevent beamer from being seen / accepted (general and by OBS).

Maybe someone has encountered similar problem...?
Help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!