Basic Rotation

Pyrii

I simply want the ability to rotate something at 90°/180°/270° so that sources that need rotating can be so. Including video and other sources.

I figure the simple rotations would be easier and quicker to implement, so that's my only request for now. As for why I want it implemented, see attached :3

Attachments

• OBSpinball.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 104

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You are correct, it needs the ability to do this. It has the ability to do this internally, but currently it's not programmable directly by the user -- thank you for pointing it out.

ColterTV

Jim if you give the end user the option to rotate sources, please also include also the posibility to set the exact value for

x - position
y - position
width - size
height - size

I know these values are in the xconfig file and I have modified them by hand in the past, but would be nice to have it in the GUI directly

Thanks

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm going to give it all to you guys or I will die trying. However, it'll have to be in the rewrite. Rotational/position customization is already fully available there.

Pyrii

Ah, I thought you meant it was in the existing engine and just needed some GUI options. Well I look forward to V1 then.

I think the main problem with the existing GUI is the reliance on right clicking for things. The Scene editor is helpful though.

GorkBork

Any progress on this feature?
Rotation will be immensely useful with the upcoming Oculus Rift DK2.
This because the screen used in DK2 is in portrait orientation (1080x1920), which means any mirroring or capturing will look all wrong.
A rotation option will therefore give us two huge benefits, a simple capture to your main monitor, so bystanders can watch what's going on in the eyes of the DK2 user, but also livestreaming.

Thanks for a great software, I hope I'll be able to use it with the DK2 as well.

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
This won't be added to the current OBS code base, but it's already possible to do in the Multiplatform version of OBS, which will eventually replace the current OBS.