Question / Help bad performance in recording/streaming WoW

Thelothian

Hi all

I've this problem with all OBS versions. I'm experiencing this issue in WoW because I'm recording/streaming only this game. Don't know if it's present with other games.

When OBS is open (with WoW in foreground), mouse pointer seems to lag and the game itself suffers of a massive stuttering. The FPS during recordings drops to 10-15 but when OBS is idle and "focused" (with WoW on primary screen in background/out-of-focus) the stuttering on game seems to stops (or become less evident). Since I'm playing WoW on Metal, I can't use syphon to inject it...
I've tried:
- lowered recording/streaming configurations: nothing changes.
- changed capture method (from Screen to Window): same.
- changed some paramaters in both recording/streaming section to lowering the cpu/gpu computings needs: same.
- changed WoW screen mode from Windowed to Fullscreen: nothing

With this problem I can't do nothing because both streaming or videos are unaccettable with this stuttering.

My info:
- iMac late 2013 with i7, GTX 780M (4 Gb), 16 Gb RAM
- 1 Gb up/down fiber internet connection - no lag with everything
- 1 external monitor
- WoW @ 2560x1440; recording/streaming resolution scaled to 1920x1080, Metal API active

Any suggestions?
(please don't ask to switch WoW on OpenGL because seems to be a contradiction; Metal are the BEST way to play games while OpenGL are buggy and slow... I think it could be a fix without changing system parameters)

Thank you!

Fenrir

Forum Admin
From the looks of it, your mac isn't keeping up with 1080p30fps. Try lowering output resolution to 720p and see if it clears up any performance issues for you.