Awful Company, they try to silence criticism because they lack competence.

Antoni14293841

Hi,

How about this for crushing freedom of speech? This is in line with current events in the world, the OBS forums have adapted rather well.

So the first time around I ask for help and they ban my IP and my account. I would be wary of companies like these silencing legitimate criticism, because it means their competence and the software they provide is sub-standard.

Do you think your product is perfect? This is why nobody wants to use OBS, they all prefer software like Xsplit, FFSplit or others.

The support offered here is absolutely abysmal, it is companies like these that give legitimate companies a bad name.

I have watched streamers like "MANvsGame" or "LethalFrag" denounce the poor stability, awful interface and general amateur features of this software as they mentioned they will never use something as poor as this.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
I have no idea what you're going on about but I'll assume you meant to post it in the feedback forum, so I'll move it there.

It might be worth pointing out that this is an open source project developed and supported by volunteers for free. It's not a company and there are no customers. The OBS website and forums are also considered private property; while we do strive to be reasonable with our moderation you do not get to yell about "freedom of speech" here.

I have no idea why you were banned previously, but if you can provide the old user name I can try to look into it for you.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
You said you asked for help and in the next sentence call it "legitimate criticism". If your post was similar to this one, probably including insults and bad behavior, similar to your over thread, I am not buffled that you have been banned. I probably did it myself.

This is in no way "crushing freedom of speech", this is what happens if a post is clearly just a mad person ranting at us. If your post had viable information, log files, and clear results that show that option A or B of our program performs worse than any of the other Programs you mentioned, it would not have been removed. You can see this by the big amount of Feedback posts that are available, and also all the Help request that have been answered without problems.

Personally I do not really care what two Streamers say. They clearly seem to not have invested any amount of time in OBS or have used it at a very early state. The amount of people currently using OBS happily and without problems easily proves them wrong.

I also "worked" as a free moderator for XSplit and can say their policy on such topics is the same. They will be removed and the people will be warned or banned. (You can still find my name on their team list) Their support is MAYBE what you call "abysmal". The chat room is practically empty and has no moderators, the forum is only being worked on within office hours and not on weekends, and there is no phone support for a product you pay for as far as I know. (As mentioned, I moderated the "support" chat for quite some time while being a free moderator for xsplit).
On the free open source project OBS you can practically join the chat 24/7 and will get help fast. The forum is also constantly being answered by us moderators or the community guys that do a nice job. Last but not least, as sapiens already stated, we are no "company". We make no profit. We earn no money.

PS: I really see not a single point in your post that has the slightest hold or useful information for us for the further development of OBS. Its practically nonsense.

PPS: If you find us stating that our product is "perfect" please make a screenshot and link me :)