Question / Help AverMedia Live Gamer Portable C875 Frozen in OBS

vapeahoy

black magic mini recorder 4k. Driver support by a professional company.
For usb i wouldnt buy anything, especially since usb 4 is in route possibly later this year.
It seems to me at this point to toss this capture card. It shouldn't be this insanely difficult to get up and running.
On that note, what is a suggested capture device that actually works well for OBS?

Reneveah977

Well, all I have is a new windows laptop to use so USB is my only option that seems to work when watching tutorials.. But not working here. I do not think it worked will with the MacBook either

vapeahoy

Atem Mini or Atem Mini Pro will be more expensive, but it's a fun device and uses USB. It all depends on your budget, as with everything else.

Reneveah977

What confuses me the most about this issue is why does obs pick it up for one second duration and then freeze and the only way I can get OBS to pick it up as after I have added the source then unplug the HDMI cable from the capture device then plug the HDMI cable back into the capture source and again I have moving picture for the duration of one second and it freezes again. Doesn't make sense

vapeahoy

Well from the initial logs it seemed you tried to capture stuff several times over or that kind of thing. It seems most apparent the hardware is being accessed from several spots at once and it doesnt cope. But you said you tried with just a fresh config so. I'd try with just the hardware drivers installed and not any programs related to it. And if the programs must be installed, disable any services temporarily or such to see if that helps.
At the end of the day it's still a terrible device with minimum support from it's developer, avermedia, and we can't really fix that.

mauroseidji

Some guy in some forum said that lowering the bitrate from 60mbps to 30mbps worked for him.
I tried and worked for me. The last windows compilation (2004) update fucked with our capture card compability.
Our last hope is Avermedia fix that asap.
Give it a try and comment. Good luck.