Avermedia Extremcap U3 (CV710)

DanSyor

I ran into crashes again, this device is getting me mad...
At least, I get fast answers to my e-mails from support (often on the next working day).

DanSyor

I was looking at a log file when I read this:
16:48:28: Total frames encoded: 229479, total frames duplicated: 31408 (13.69%)
16:48:28: Total frames rendered: 229285, number of late frames: 194 (0.08%) (it's okay for some frames to be late)

Many duplicated frames, maybe I should switch to the "question and help" section, I don't think the only origin to that problem is the CV710... The log analyzer mainly complains about excessive bitrate not suitable for streaming but my use for these settings is recording. Apparently a slower preset is being use but I don't really understand how this can be pointed out (using NVENC to encode + NVENC preset set to default).
Even with NVENC to encode, I believe OBS was using quite a lot the CPU.

Attachments

• 2014-06-23-1544-35.log
    11.6 KB · Views: 22

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Actually DanSyor, the number appears to be wrong, I'm starting to think that it's a calculation issue at this point, because if 229285 frames were rendered, and 229479 frames were encoded, then that actually means that the actual number of duplicated frames should be 194.

DanSyor

Thinking about it, since I'm using the preview window (full-screen mode) to play, I think I 10%+ duplicated frames would have made the game barely playable!
I still do have a problem of duplicated frames (not that awful), but I don't really know how to know identify the cause of it...