Question / Help Automatic Scene Switcher help needed

quixysloth

I've searched for hours and can't find what seems like would be a simple solution to my problem.

I'm using the automatic scene switcher to switch scenes based on the windows I have focused obviously..
But the windows I'm capturing change their title all the time. I have 4 programs I'm trying to capture and switch between based on whichever is currently focused/used (Blender, Unity Editor, Photoshop, and my text editor). But whenever the window title changes, OBS has no idea what to do.

How do I add wildcards, or whatever I need to just get OBS to recognize the window is still the same program I'm using. I've tried changing all 3 "Window Match Priority" options in the source properties. None seem to make a difference.

edit: I've also tried the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin, and it has the same problem. Also it hasn't been updated in 3 years, I don't want to invest in a plugin that could be broken at any point by an OBS update..

Last edited:

quixysloth

It doesn't seem like I can edit the OP lol... anyway I tested a basic RegEx with just (.*) and it SEEMS to work for the time being..

1585937639115.png

pooshda

I have been trying to find a solution to my similar problem for days now and still failing in incredibly disappointing style, is this still working for you? I am trying to do this with my poker overlay I built this weekend and I like to play up to 8 tournaments at once, problem is I get moved to new tables all the time so the window title changes (table number for example) so I tried what you showed and it's not working for me... not sure if I'm doing it wrong though.

I also have "Advanced Scene Switcher" installed as well and have been trying to get it to work w/ that but I don't know crap about coding/scripting or whatever you'd call this syntax and stuff that I could probably make it work with. I might create a new post for my issue if I don't find anything searching the forums but your post had me hoping it would work for me but still no luck. :(

Also if I just use the entire window name it'll work briefly but then after a few switches (I set it to switch when I focus on whatever table I'm playing) but it ALWAYS stops working after a short while even if the tables don't change... oof.

Here's a screenshot w/ the window title and my scene switcher window outlined in pink.

test.jpg

pooshda

I might try this with Windows Title Changer and just set each tournament to like "Tournament 1, Tournament 2" etc. and it should work as long as the window isn't closed / re-opened, I think even when switching tables as long as the poker client doesn't change the title (which it probably will, the window title changes every level even when blinds go up... ugh) hopefully you did find a lasting solution to this wildcard thing I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

I spent all this time on this overlay for multi-tabling but haven't used it once unless I'm only playing 1 game and that's rare lol.

pooshda

I think I got it working, my Poker HUD was the problem I need to play with it disabled and it finds the window, the overlay is what's causing issues I think... wish I could delete these comments so you don't see them later and feel the need to reply. That 10 minute limit on editing / deleting is a bummer haha.

Glad I found your post though... it got me in the right direction, so thanks!