Auto Stop Recording When No Volume

b-dubs

I have installed Advanced Scene Switcher and I want to automatically stop recording when there is no volume for 60 seconds. Also, if it is possible, pause the recording after say 20 seconds and if the volume is still below this level for more than 60 seconds, stop the recording. I'm recording home movies and I don't know how long they are or I would use the timer. I don't want to have to sit here and monitor them for HOURS. Thank you in advance.

Warmuptill

What you are looking to do is indeed possible using the advanced scene switcher.
In particular you will have to use the "Macro" tab of the plugin.

For a general overview how to create macro you can see this page on the wiki of the plugin:

Starting with "pause the recording after say 20 seconds [of no volume]" you will have to create a macro something like this:

PauseRecording.PNG

For the "if the volume is still below this level for more than 60 seconds, stop the recording" case you can create an additional macro, which will be rather similar to the one above:

StopRecording.PNG

Similarly you could also set up macro to automatically unpause or start the recording.

Hope that helps! :)
Let me know if anything is unclear or you have questions!

b-dubs

That's awesome!!! I was actually working on it and got it. I was so focused I didn't check this. I was just coming back to say, I got it!!! I did it the same way you suggested, with a macro. I'm going to expand it later to pause after a short period of time and stop if paused after a longer period of time. One thing I added was the condition "if recording" no need to stop recording if I am not recording. :) I do other types of computer logic for a living so I'll probably make it pretty elaborate. Thanks again!!!

b-dubs

Oh one last quick question if you have a sec. What is perform action only on condition change? Mine is unchecked. If the macro conditions are met the action should run. Not sure where this option comes in.

Warmuptill

Great to hear that everything is working! :)
Oh one last quick question if you have a sec. What is perform action only on condition change? Mine is unchecked. If the macro conditions are met the action should run. Not sure where this option comes in.
This checkbox is useful for conditions that can be true for longer periods of time for which one might not continously want to perform actions.
For example, if you have a condition "if current scene is A" and the action "start recording" and the checkbox is not set, the recording would be continuously attempted to be started. Meaning if you would manually try to stop it while on scene "A" it would start again immediately.
If the option is checked however the recording would only be attempted to be started once you enter the scene "A".

In your case it won't make a difference probably.