Resource icon

Audio Writer Filter 1.1

Igor Bochkariov

Igor Bochkariov submitted a new resource:

Audio Writer Filter - An audio writer filter for OBS Studio

Use cases
  • You stream something with Noise gate and Compressor filters but you want to keep the original audio for postproduction with better quality tools
Usage
  1. Download a zip from https://github.com/ujifgc/obs-audio-writer-filter/releases
  2. Unpack it to your OBS folder (may require privileges)
  3. Run OBS
  4. Add an "Audio Writer" filter to an audio source (MIC for example)
  5. Select a folder with enough...

Read more about this resource...

layarion

Does this happen to catch the audio before OBS runs it through it's own 320bit compression process? Wondering if the WAV file this outputs is getting it's material from an already compressed source and thus less quality than i'm hoping for.

Igor Bochkariov

Does this happen to catch the audio before OBS runs it through it's own 320bit compression process? Wondering if the WAV file this outputs is getting it's material from an already compressed source and thus less quality than i'm hoping for.

I captures audio exactly how it is in the filter chain, before output compression.

Hi. Thank you very much for writing this pluging. Unfortunately I encounter the following problem:
  1. AAC Core is installed (I check the log as you adviced)
  2. Plugin is installed
  3. I put the filter as first element in filter chain of my mic
  4. Start a recording..... stop the recording
  5. got a video with sound
  6. 0 bytes stored in the writen audio file
  7. file name is e.g audio-writer-filter [unknown] 2020-12-16 13-43-31.aac
  8. aparently, %SRC was not set correctly (no, my mic's name is not 'unkwown')
Does anyone know what is going on ans how to fix?

I'm on OBS 26.1, Win10-64; log attached...

Attachments

• 2020-12-16 13-36-11.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 39

sgaechter

Hello Igor. You coded a nice Plugin. I have a Usecase where I plan to use your Plugin. Therefore I'd like to record the Audio only when I use "Record Audio" and not on "Start Livestream". I would highly appreciate a option in the plugin to choose on witch case the Recording is started. Best regards Sven