Audio & video sync

Been streaming and recording using OBS for around 2 years now and I have really fine tuned my set up and show delivery. One thing that continues to plague my content and frustrate me is the sync between audio and video. I cannot seem to fine tune the setting to get into perfect sync.

Does anyone have a recipe for testing adjusting testing repeat repeat until its perfect? I'd love to hear what has worked for other people on Mac, Streaming to Facebook, streaming to Twitch, sending to Zoom, recording to desktop (not necessarily all at the same time)

shareski

I’m having similar issues. Read that in advanced audio properties you can adjust the sync by tweaking the mms. Been playing with it without much luck.

SonyTony

I’m using a Mevo Start to livestream our church services, so nothing exotic, just a static camera and connecting via NDI with OBS. A couple of splash screens during the service (name of hymn and anthem…) but mostly just the feed from the camera. Typically, the audio starts in sync with the audio but gradually drifts out during the course of the 45 minutes of the service. I’ve tried fiddling with the Advanced Audio Settings and changing the Offset, it nothing seems to work. I’ve also tried using an iPad as a Mic input to the Mevo, but same result.

im aware that this may be a Mevo problem, and I shall post this in the Mevo Forum.

TIA for any clues!

i have this problem with out using OBS on iphone to facebook live. It had to do with something with iphone updates that dont match facebook live updates. i run iRIG in the background and have had no more issues. i just got my mevo so I havent had it long enough to see this issue with it. again this is just for live on facebook using iphone and no obs. this could also be the same with what your seeing

Talonis

Audio drift I noticed too with Mevo and NDI. It’s variable so offsetting will not fix.

OBS-NDI has not been updated in a long time, I moved over to using NDI 5 tools into OBS and that seems to have fixed the issues for my setup - still in sync after two hours.