Audio trigger DB-level to change scene

Jonathan.othen

So, I'm working a lot with live production sets. Mostly with Blackmagic mixers. This does not fit all due to low budgets and so on. One major flaw iv noticed is that none of thees supports an audio-trigger to change picture.

Let's say you connect three cameras with one audio signal with each camera (one camera per person in a radio program for example). With a software like OBS you might be able to solve this with the sound added to the specific scene to change when let's say the audio from camera 1 peaks at -15 db for x-value (miliseconds/seconds) and when camera 2 starts to talk and reaches -15 db for x-value OBS makes an switch between the scenes.

This is possible with a software called vmix but it's expensive and has an GUI that looks like it was made 1995.

Warmuptill

I am not sure if I understand correctly as I am not familiar with vmix but you might be able to achieve what you are looking for with the advanced scene switcher's audio tab or at least something similar.
Feedback and suggestions regarding this functionality are welcome.

GeneralNuke

I am not sure if I understand correctly as I am not familiar with vmix but you might be able to achieve what you are looking for with the advanced scene switcher's audio tab or at least something similar.
Feedback and suggestions regarding this functionality are welcome.
yeah, i noticed it now today, haven't really tried it but i think advanced scene switcher resolves it :)