Question / Help Audio signal drops after 30 minutes of streaming

The Good Thief

Hi All,

Got another issue (the other one is here). So when I do manage to get live streaming working, the sound stops streaming after about 30 minutes of streaming.
My setup is as follows:
Sony A7R III
Rode VideoMic
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Elgato HD60 S

I'm not actually recording on the camera, it's just in 'live view' and I'm using the HDMI output to capture the audio. My current workaround is to unplug the capture card from the Macbook and plug it back in. This restores the audio signal but it means viewers get a blue screen (OBS Link - Searching for Signal) for a few seconds.

Is the 30 minute limit of the camera causing the audio to drop out? I haven't tested with other cameras but I might give it another go with a GoPro Hero 7 Black for the Youth Group tonight.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Also, I don't know if I got the right log file but it's all I could find.

Attachments

• 2020-03-29 09-39-40.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 10

The Good Thief

Ok I've tested it with the GoPro Hero 7 Black - same thing: audio drops after about 30 mins. Does anyone if there is a setting I should be checking? Am I using a free version with a limit? (Not sure there is such a thing).

Log file attached.

Would really appreciate any help with this.

Attachments

• 2020-04-02 15-40-24.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 6

ekatarinak

I have the same issue. After around 30 minutes, the mic stops working and after unplugging it and plugging it back in, the audio resumes.
Also I have a seemingly random issue with the sound as it sometimes appears to stopfor some miliseconds.
I have a Lumix GH5 the Elgato HD60s and a newer Macbook Pro (2019)

FELC

We are having the exact same issue. After 30 minutes of streaming, the audio drops. We are using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. Windows 10 on Dell XPS.

Any solutions??