Question / Help Audio Problems when using 7.1

sleepdotexe

So basically, I use a Logitech G633 pair of headphones, with 7.1 surround sound enabled.
I do local recordings using OBS, and everything is fine except that the audio seems to experience a weird phasing effect. I have tested and this effect only seems to occur when 7.1 is enable in Logi's software.
If anyone could be of assistance that would be much appreciated.

sleepdotexe

I've tried OBS Studio and still seem to have the same problem. I saw an option to downmix to mono in studio which may work as a last resort, but I'd rather not do that for obvious reasons haha...

Boildown

That log file is still from OBS Classic. OBS Studio should support multiple audio channels (beyond stereo) whereas I don't think OBS Classic does that.

sleepdotexe

I've tried OBS studio before, but it didn't work there either as far as I can remember, but I'll give it another try and post a new log file for you ^^

sleepdotexe

Hey, thanks for your continued assistance.
I just tried setting output to mp4 in OBS Studio and recording multiple audio tracks, etc etc.
Nonetheless the problem still pursues.
Attaching screenshots of current settings.
upload_2016-11-8_20-58-13.png

upload_2016-11-8_20-58-35.png

upload_2016-11-8_20-58-58.png

upload_2016-11-8_20-59-32.png

Boildown

Hmm at this point I don't know. Lets get it moved to the OBS Studio forums maybe they know what it is.

@dping OBS Studio question

In the mean time can you post an OBS Studio log file?

Suslik V

Stereo is the max you can use in Studio by now. Try to change Windows settings for the headset to use Stereo mode.