Question / Help Audio Passthrough / passthru?

paulhannon

HI - how on earth can I get to listen to my games audio in real time, instead of listening to the delayed audio that comes from OBS.
Because right now that delay means I don't experience the audio as being in sync with what I see.
(I'm not talking about streaming as yet, this in NOT related to streaming - just anticipating any related replies that might focus on that)

My setup path is: Elgato Game Capture HD > OBS > then it would go out to the stream (again i'm not looking for help as to the streaming side of things yet).
If I did stream like this, I would see my video in real time (as it passes straight through to my HD screen, but the audio in my headphones would be the delayed audio from OBS and that would be really off putting.

So is there any solution so i can hear the audio in real time?

Thanks all :)

Narcogen

There are a number of ways.

Generally speaking, though, if you're streaming from a capture device, anything you listen to or watch on the streaming computer is going to have some delay; it's only a question of how much. The presumption is that for gaming content, you're watching and listening to a live source upstream of your capture point that's as low a latency as you can get.

So, for instance, when I'm capturing console content, the HDMI signal out of my console is split, one signal goes to the capture device, the other to a display, and I have two sets of headphones-- one for quality control, and one for actually playing the game.

Another way is to use either physical splitters or software to get audio doubled in a way that's lower latency than audio monitoring in OBS.

On the Mac side, I believe LineIn can still do this-- it can forward audio from an external device to a local hardware device, and should do so with lower latency than OBS audio monitoring.

SoundSource or LoopBack also do this (and much more) but LineIn is free and still works.