Question / Help Audio not in sync from OBS for Mac but in Sync on Windows

Björn L

Hi,

I am broadcasting Live using OBS Studio and using a Commercial Video Encoding service for transcoding. This works fine when we use OBS on a Windows plattform but not from MacOS. When broadcasting from MacOS we get an increasing delay between audio and video over time. Our stream seemes fine when storing locally but something goes wrong when encoding.

The settings in OBS are identical on Windows and MacOS.

Broadcasting to another platform such as Youtube with the same settings works fine.

Any ideas?

Matt from Space

Hi,
We are also having audio sync issues with the Mac. Two different groups using OBS here at work have reported issues to me. I tested one of the setups with Wirecast and the sync is perfect. With OBS the audio is early by about 6 frames.

This is happening in both the stream and also when I record.

mattcrobertson

Hello,
I am experienceing the same types of issues on Mac. I am using a blackmagic ultrastudio mini recorder to bring in my video with embedded audio. It seems that when I record locally the audio is out of sync, this I can simply fix by adding +500ms delay on the embedded audio. But when I am streaming the audio tends to desync over time. I have tried different types of audio and video delays to correct this but have not been able to fix the issue. Does anyone know if this has to do with the "enable buffering" option when you bring in a blackmagic device?

Shiverspirit

I am also experiencing audio sync issues using a Logitech C922 webcam and OBS Studio Mac...Has anyone determined a solution for this?

simspace

I have been dealing with a pretty serious audio / video sync issues with OBS on my Macs too.

My setup is a little more complex than usual, involving live video streams from multiple iOS devices, a single main audio source (a Behringer XR18 mixer via USB), NGINX, RTMP and FFMPEG. So I thought the complexity of setup was my main issue. It may still be, but after seeing this post, maybe it's not my main problem.

Here's a post that describes my setup:
Single/Common Audio Source for Live MultiCam Stream

Last edited:

Hein

Its visible out of sync after 1 1/2 hr (all bufferig options are on)
After restart Obs it starts sync again.

we use ATEM SDI out > bm 1080i to 720p (embedded sound) converter > to bm mini recorder > thunderbold > laptop macbook pro 10.12.4 > OBS.

after some more tests…..

First updated to latest version OBS 19.0.3 mac
Updated vlc player ( somewhere in the OBS log vlc-something was loaded )

I switched from advanced to outputmode to simple. streaming output mode simple, software x264, audio 128.
NOT enabled advanced encoder settings

recordings large file quality, mp4, software x264

Input settings are integer FPS 25, ( my source is 25 fps)

All buffering options are set to off.

Facebook stream looks like in sync now, when streaming for 3 hrs
vid delay is set at 300 continu ( that's normal using our setup)

Having the same issue you here, but it is not out of sync the entire time; rather, it goes in and out of sync as the stream goes on. Usually starts fine, goes out of sync after 20-30 min, and may or may not come back in sync.